Resources Cool stuff.
This isn’t an exhaustive list of Bitcoin resources; it’s more of a list of things I like in case I forget.
I think you may find them useful too.
- Bitcoin Core (C++) - The original and most popular bitcoin implementation.
- btcd (Go) - Solid implementation with great comments and documentation.
- bitcoin-ruby (Ruby) - Readable bitcoin code. Excellent for learning how it all works.
- Electrum (Desktop) - Straightforward and trustworthy wallet.
- Green (Android/iOS) - Slick, polished, and developed by Blockstream.
- Mycelium (Android/iOS) - Not as pretty but has stood the test of time.
- Learn Me A Bitcoin - I use mine for inspecting raw transaction data.
- mempool.space - By far the best overall blockchain explorer. It’s how I’d design my blockchain explorer if I had design skills.
- Yogh - Sleek blockchain explorer. Beautiful data highlighting.
- Johoe’s Mempool Statistics - Handy mempool visualisations for figuring out what transaction fee to use.
- Bitcoin Transaction Monitor - Transaction fee plot by 0xB10C.
- Bitcoin Rain - Pretty cool, if I say so myself.
- bitcoin-iterate - Handy blockchain parser. Get data out of your blockchain.
- bitcoin-utxo-dump - Get a human-readable list of UTXOs from your node. Courtesy of yours truly.
- en.bitcoin.it/wiki - The one true wiki for Bitcoin. A definitive resource.
- Royal Fork - Masterfully written technical articles explaining key parts of Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin Stack Exchange - Some of the brightest minds and clearest explanations can be found here.
- RaspiBolt - How to set up a full node on a Raspberry Pi. I think everyone should follow this tutorial at least once.
- Programming Blockchains (Ruby) - How to write simple blockchain code. Gerald is a good teacher.
- The Book of Satoshi - A chronological collection of Satoshi’s writing (mailing list and forum posts) in one book. Nicely put together.
- Chain Query - A list of bitcoin-cli commands. Nice and handy.
- Minimum Viable Block Chain - The reasons for how blockchain works. An incredible article by a great writer.
- Bitcoin Only - A clean and well curated list of bitcoin-only resources.
- lopp.net - An extensive and well maintained list. A big fan favourite.